Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It is over

The end of curling season for me came last night, at least the physical part of throwing rocks. The mental portion ended when I got back from Utica after the Nationals. Both last week and last night at least twice I couldn't remember if I had the hammer and really didn't care.

Glad it is done at this point. Now there is nothing left except the melting of the ice in a couple of weeks. We will be attending a party where curling is happening as we are heading to the Friday night fish fry at the Bonsqueal in Plainfield. Then back to Nutmeg on Saturday for the final in house spiel and dinner (no curling). The plant goes off on that Sunday.

All that is just in time for baseball to arrive. First Yankee game in the new stadium is April 30. The phightin' Phils make a trip to the Yankees this season in May. Have to try and get tickets for that (are you reading this Mrs. JH?)

Also time to start the annual vision quest to determine who not to bet on in the Derby. If you check the posts from last year, I did pick the winner and did not bet on the winner. So watch this space for the horse I throw out and bet the house on it.

Later,
JH

No comments: