Thursday, May 21, 2009

Technology upgrade

So, my old laptop kinda stopped working. Couldn't get to my email and a couple of other sites. Really running slow. What to do but buy a new laptop. I haven't bought a PC in a long time as the last two where given to me by my company.

Get the new beast home, plug it in and here we go. First problem, wireless keeps dropping out. Okay, kinda frustrating. Check a bunch of stuff and still can't get to the website I want. Really frustrated now. Give up and load up MS office.

This morning still having problems. Discover that our wireless router is an 11b which is pretty old. Think this is the problem but have to drive to NJ for a meeting. While away have Mrs. JH verify with someone. That is the problem. Come home from NJ, off to the store and get a new router. Come home, plug it in ,set it up and WHEEEE. No problems so far (knock on wood). Can get to email and even downloaded more stuff to the PC. Will check the other websites tomorrow. One remaining problem is to get my email folders and address book moved from the old PC to the new one. Hmmmm. Might have to sign up for gmail and send it there then get it here.

Oh well, isn't technology fun.

Later,
JH

No comments: