Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The life of a consultant

A bit off the path of curling but the life of a consultant can sometimes suck. The good - I get lots of vacation and my boss doesn't mind me taking extra time off without pay. The bad - sometimes the assignments suck. Like the one that put me in the hospital (a story for another day) or they are really boring. The ugly - this week. I ended one assignment this week and went to another client today to finish up some things. Not only had they trashed everything on my desk while I was gone but they also kicked me out at noon. Seems the client has not had time to review the stuff I did in the last three weeks.

So, here I sit without work for a few days. Which means I am not getting paid for a few days. Hopefully this all gets straightened out next week. I think I will be returning to a client on Monday with a contract extension. Otherwise, you may see me behind the counter at McDonalds. You want fries with that?

Later,
JH

2 comments:

DC said...

Messed up your desk? You mean you're this guy?

http://awesomeology.com/2008/03/16/worlds-best-office-prank/

JH said...

Not "trash" as in mess up but "trash" as in toss all my notes and notebooks in the recycle bin.