Thursday, March 6, 2008

Random stuff

A nice lively debate is happening about the club Nationals. The GNCC teams are all hanging in there with a couple of draws to go.

I keep finding more blogs to link to. Newest one is curling related. And this one suprised me since I didn't know he was that witty.

Off to the PCC Stone at Plainfield tonight. Interesting draw they did. Hopefully we win a game or two. At least the beer is cheaper than Ardsley.

And for those cat lovers or haters, check this out.

Later,
JH

1 comment:

DC said...

Curiosity drove me to check out the Great Club Nationals Debate (plus I love it when people get all riled up about games). Is it me, or is the solution as simple as this: Have the USCA decide and declare what the purpose is for the club nationals. If it's a competition designed to further develop/hothouse elite curlers then fine, the whole sign up and go thing is bad. If it's a competition designed to get better-than-average-curlers from around the country together to further develop the sport, then sign up and go is good.

Lookit me, I'm Solomon.

Really though, this reminds me of the Great 5 And Under Debate: a series of bonspiels that were supposedly designed just to get new curlers out on the road and give 'em a taste for bonspieling. Now they've taken on a whole competitive life of their own and have no value vis a vis their original intent. What happens now is teams get together, practice practice practice like they're going to Olympic playdowns or something and the 5 and unders are the only spiels they go to.

Ah well, I only have 4 years to go until I retire from the sport anyway. It's SEP (and I'll award a towel to anyone who guesses that acronym and its origin).