Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sad end to a great Derby

In the articles I have read, the onsite vet said he had never seen an injury of that type on Eight Belles. Just sad, she ran a great race. To happen after the wire like that is just strange.

Big Brown is the real deal. He will win the Preakness easily unless he didn't come out of the Derby well. I expect a small field for the Preakness. Only way to make any money on that race will be to bet trifectas.

Look for a lot of articles in the coming days on getting racetracks to switch away from dirt to synthetic.

And I hope that somebody read this and bet the house on Big Brown. One of these years I will take my own advice and bet big on the horse I dont like.

Off to a Yankee game today.

Later,
JH

2 comments:

Hepzibah The Watchman said...

Came to your blog by doing a search for 'Ky Derby" as I am a former Kentuckian transplanted in Connecticut. Nice Fish and thank you for sharing.

DC said...

I read a comment somewhere that said a lot of seasoned bettors would cut back on their action on artificial tracks because it's somehow an equilizer. As someone who knows diddly about horse racing I didn't get it. Can you 'splain that?