Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Derby update for Wednesday

Have been doing a lot of reading. Seems all the experts agree, no one knows who will win. Even the post position draw probably won't help sort out that problem. Might be time to go to the well for the "non-expert" method of picking horses.

Bet 3-6-9 trifecta. Long story short, on our honeymoon in Saratoga, these were the numbers Mrs. wants to play for a trifecta. We had been losing for 3 days and I looked at the odds and they were off the board. So, I don't bet it and it comes in and pays $4,800.00. Ever since, bet those numbers if there is nothing else I like.

Don't lose to the trainers. This could be Pletchers' year, so probably will bet his horses. No Baffert or Lukas but always bet them as well.

Bet the hot jockey. Probably try this as well.

Past Performances will be available tonight from Daily Racing Form online for free so will have those to pour over tomorrow. Probably wont help.

Picks will be out before Saturday.

Later,
JH

1 comment:

Mrs JH said...

Mrs. JH here.. This is my first time posting on my husbands blog. I do enjoy reading his blogs and figured it was time to chirp in.

As you can see we are not wealthy by his horse betting nor do we make anything from his wisdom on curling. But the man has passion and shows it through his many posts on curling, fishing, The Philly’s, horse racing etc. We met curling and spent our honeymoon in Saratoga at the race track– do you see a trend here? Thankfully he did not ask me to go deep sea fishing for our honeymoon – might have drawn the line there.

The references JH has made about me are all true –sorry to say. I guess I feel honored he refers to me in between discussing painting concrete curling floors, what horse to bet on in the Derby and how good the Philly’s are. The life of being Mrs. JH is so glamorous.

Spring is here and as he mentioned we entertain at Yankee games so my last words will be LETS GO YANKEES!!!!

Oh dear I may be referred to as the X-Mrs. JH in the next blog..