Thursday, April 10, 2008

Men's Worlds - Thursday evening

Well, the US lost. They need a win and some help at this point. Don't see them beating Canada tonight. So, they are toast.

Got to root for the Aussies at this point. I met Hugh and his old team about 15 years agos on my first trip to Ottawa. Got to hang out with them at Lowell a bunch. They are great guys. So, Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi ,Oi, Oi.

The Fighting Souix (University of ND) are getting hammered in the NCAA hockey. The town will be drinking tonight. Drowning their sorrows.

Off to the last draw of the round robin. Mrs. JHcurl is hanging in there. Took a nice nap this afternoon and she is ready to go for the last game. Me, as always, I am hoping for tiebreakers so there is more curling. Three teams tied for fourth and there is a 10:30pm game tonight, yeah baby, I am in.

Later,
JH

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't get your wish for tie-breakers. Makes my day at work kind of boring as well!

DC said...

Well I'm sure there are plenty of other things to do in Grand Forks. JH mentioned gambling, or the water park.

Failing that just go find a ceiling fan. That's always entertainment, baby!