Sunday, August 31, 2008

It's Here!

A nice sunny day outside with temps around 80. We will be in the windowless big fridge for most of the day.

The ice making starts today. Seal the edges, put down a list coat of ice on the floor and set the hacks. At least there are lots of new toys to play with including a laser temperature gun. I did forget to order one toy, the battery powered backpack sprayer. The manual pump one works fine but it really gets tiring when sealing the lines.

First year on our own without the expert guidance of Shorty. Will be installing his signature hog line, a nice red one.

Later,
JH

2 comments:

Cyndy Eng-Dinsel said...

I'm jealous. Seattle Granite Curling Club has a ways to go before they get their ice in. I just came back from Four Foot Curling Camp in Parksville, BC. Wow, do they have awesome ice.

DC said...

Well, I got some pre-curling season drinking practice in with Bruce, the Brominator, Karen, Rain Man and Mrs. Rain Man last night so I'm good to go. I guess. Somerset beat Bridgeport 17-3. Take that, Connecticut Boy!