Saturday, August 2, 2008

"south" North Dakota??

Well we spent the day cleaning out the house. Had a lot of help from my cuz and his BIL and a few others. Good thing we got the 20 yard dumpster as it is almost full. Dad did not have one of anything. The least amount of stuff I found was the three chainsaws of which I think only one worked.

Was in the basement going through the myriad of tools and such. Mrs. JHcurl yells down that there is someone to see me. Turns out to be someone who I went to high school with and still lives in town and I think in the same house. I think that South Jersey (at least parts) are very much like the rural Midwest. People grow up and never leave. Spend their whole lives in the same town or at least close by. Not that that is a bad thing. I still miss the lifestyle here. It is so relaxed and down to earth. Mrs. JH would probably go out of her mind in a week. Me, I would be happy in the garden, fishing in the river and just watching the rest of the world progress into the future while South Jersey just rolled along.

Anyway, go catch up with DC in Finland now.

Later,
JH

2 comments:

DC said...

All this talk of South Jersey and still no mention of enjoying a Taylor Ham sandwich. What gives?

Chris said...

They are not sandwiches, they are Hoagies!